We will be open 08:00-16:00 on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. From 16:00 on these days we will transfer our telephone lines to our local out of hours GP service operated by DHU 111. We will operate normal opening hours 29 – 30 December, 08:00-18:30.
Over the last couple of years we have seen a greater demand for appointments in the days prior to bank holidays and lower demand on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, particularly in the afternoons. Therefore we will be providing more capacity and appointments at the beginning of the weeks leading up to Christmas and New Year.
Our top tips for a healthy and happy Christmas:
- Please order any repeat prescriptions you require in time to ensure you have adequate provision over the Christmas and New Year period
- Be prepared for common health problems by keeping a well-stocked medicine cabinet at home. Speak to your pharmacist if you’re not sure what you need.
- Use NHS 111 if you need medical help but it’s not an emergency. NHS 111 offers an online service at 111.nhs.uk or you can call them by dialling 111
- Get your flu and COVID-19 vaccinations if eligible
- We wish you a very happy Christmas and New Year